Debunking Myth by R. Hess
Author Michael Stelzner, has put together an interesting report based on a survey of 900 marketers. The report looks at the state of social media marketing. The link at the bottom of this post takes you to the source which includes a video by Stelzner about his in-depth report, “Social Media Marketing Industry Report”
Interesting stats from the report:
- 88% indicated they were employing social media for marketing purposes
- 72% have only been using social media marketing for a few months
- 64% of marketers are using social media for 5 hours or more each week
- 39% are using it for 10 hours a week
- 81% say the number-one benefit is generating exposure, followed by increasing traffic and building new business relationships
- Over half saw a rise in search engine rankings.
- Out of social media tools marketers most wanted to learn about, social bookmarking sites ranked highest followed by Twitter.
Marketers and business owners still have a lot of questions about social media marketing. The report looks at the top ten questions they have:
You can see Stelzner’s full report as well as a video narrated by Stelzner himself here.